Browse Answers

Click here to submit your rheumatology question.

filter by tag
Answers tagged uveitis: Page 1 of 1

Joanne from Edmonton asks: I have had 6 episodes of iritis in the last 3 years. Based on the fact that I have had iritis my doctor has done blood work and said one level is slightly elevated. I am wondering if I should be referred to a rheumatologist for further investigation.

Iritis is an inflammatory disease of the iris, the coloured ring around your pupil. Iritis can occur for many different reasons, but can be associated with some rheumatic diseases, most commonly ankylosing spondylitis. It is not uncommon for an eye specialist to refer a patient with uveitis to a rheumatologist for further investigation when another underlying cause for iritis (also known as uveitis) cannot be found.

What is Rheumatology?

Rheumatologists see over 100 different types of diseases. We are known for seeing arthritis, however, we also see many other conditions.

Learn More

Find us on YouTube

Visit our YouTube channel and find a number of helpful videos to learn more about a range of topics relating to rheumatology.

Visit our YouTube Channel

Make a Donation

Support arthritis care in Alberta. Click the button below for more info, or to make a donation today.