Browse Answers

Click here to submit your rheumatology question.

filter by tag
Answers tagged bursitis: Page 1 of 1

Betty-Lou from Edmonton asks: I have bursitis of my hip. What should I do?

Trochanteric bursitis is an inflammation of the bursa on the lateral (outside) aspect of the hip. It can hurt more with walking or lying on the affected side. Treatment options may include physiotherapy (see our Regional MSK Disorders page for some basic ones to start), anti-inflammatory if appropriate, and sometimes a cortisone injection into the bursa.

What is Rheumatology?

Rheumatologists see over 100 different types of diseases. We are known for seeing arthritis, however, we also see many other conditions.

Learn More

Find us on YouTube

Visit our YouTube channel and find a number of helpful videos to learn more about a range of topics relating to rheumatology.

Visit our YouTube Channel

Make a Donation

Support arthritis care in Alberta. Click the button below for more info, or to make a donation today.